Continuing Medical Education
Accreditation: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Texas Medical Association (TMA) and the Houston Society of Clinical Pathologists. The Texas Medical Association is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians
Credit Designation: The TMA designates this live activity for a maximum of 7 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
• Identify mucosal lesions and recognize their association to systemic disease
• Utilize immunohistochemistry in the diagnosis of sinonasal tumors.
• Define which biomarkers are currently clinically needed for patient care in head and neck and salivary tumors
• Explain and apply current CAP guidelines for HPV testing in oropharyngeal carcinomas
• Define the spectrum and current diagnostic terms for follicular patterned thyroid entities.
• Delineate an approach to differentiate and classify adrenal tumors for improved diagnosis
• Recognize evolving genetic factors that contribute to paragangliomas.